Meal replacement brand Huel, which is backed by Dragons’ Den star Steven Bartlett, has been named one of Britain’s fastest-growing, founder-led private companies.
The inaugural FEBE Growth 100 list has been supported by the founders of Bloom & Wild, Charlie Bigham’s, Grenade and former Dragons’ Den stars Jenny Campbell and Sarah Willingham.
In March Huel revealed its sales increased to £103m in the 12 months to the end of July 2021, up from £72m in the prior year.
Those figures compare to the firm’s revenue of £3m during its first year, which then increased to £9m, £26m and then £50m in the following financial periods.
The North West companies to be featured on the list were:
- ClearCycle – data-driven stock liquidation and re-commerce services provider – Wigan, Greater Manchester
- MTX – construction company – Wilmslow, Cheshire
- ACE Money Transfer – financial services – Manchester
- Kammac – warehousing, logistics and supply chain management – Skelmersdale, Lancashire
- Total Processing – payments services – Manchester
- Edge Worldwide Logistics – logistics services – Salford
- Sapphire Utility Solutions – water, wastewater and gas utilities maintenance – Bolton
To be considered for the FEBE Growth 100, businesses must be UK registered, independent, unquoted, and an ultimate parent company, meeting the following criteria:
- Sales between £3m and £200m
- Trading for at least three years
- An operating profit in the latest financial year
- Founder(s) must still be involved
The top ten companies to be featured in the list are Clear Junction, Passenger Clothing, Tripledot Studios, The Skinny Food Co, Microdot, Lounge Underwear, Sunamp, Bold Security Group, Lucy Locket Loves, and Glencar Construction.
List co-founder Charlotte Quince said: “Our vision is to create something unlike anything else out there.
“We are building the greatest entrepreneurial celebration on Earth and a club that everyone wants to be part of and the Growth 100 is an integral part of that.
“So many people think that business founders just ‘get lucky’ or think of an idea one day and are successful the next.
“But we know that the journey to success is anything but smooth. The Growth 100 will celebrate those who have embraced the entrepreneurial roller coaster and who are now thriving as some of the fastest growing brands in the country.”
Jenny Campbell added: “I’m very proud to be part of something that celebrates and supports the very best British entrepreneurs and their companies.
“FEBE Growth 100 focuses on true entrepreneurialism. Founders are unique: their experiences, their vision and their resilience are unlike anything else.
“So, we want to celebrate these ‘dare to doers’ and shine a light on the incredible accomplishments of some of the finest and fastest-growing companies in the country.”