Position Rank amongst different positions:
- High-Finish Expertise – seventh (of 11)
- Depth – 1st
- 1st Spherical Caliber Gamers – 6 (1st)
- Total – 2nd
This place is as deep as they arrive, and that doesn’t bode effectively for the highest prospects on this class. Though 5 Extensive Receivers are distinction makers, none of them are elite abilities, and none undertaking to be quick WR1s on the subsequent stage. A few of them might hit that, however none appear to have the potential to dominate the NFL.
Alternatively, they received’t drop too far within the draft, as every prospect presents a singular talent set totally different from the remainder. Each workforce will seemingly zone in on a participant who matches their offense greatest, and there received’t be different choices that fill that function the identical method. This may preserve every prospect’s draft slot projection excessive, as groups received’t wait till later rounds to pick out an identical prospect. That’s uncommon with such a deep place.
My solely pause with this class – each prospect projected to go within the first spherical has MAJOR purple flags:
- Wilson – Measurement & Precision
- Olave – Measurement & YAC
- Burks – Utilization & Route Tree
- Williams – Weight & Damage
- London – Route Operating & Separation
- Moore – Peak & Competitors Stage
- Watson – Manufacturing & All-around Method
- Dotson – Peak & Velocity
I’ve by no means had this many questions on this many top-end prospects in a single class earlier than. I’m extraordinarily intrigued to see how this place pans out.
High 10 Rating
- Chris Olave OSU – Full Scouting Report
- Treylon Burks ARK – Full Scouting Report
- Jameson Williams ALA – Full Scouting Report
- Garrett Wilson OSU – Full Scouting Report
- Drake London USC – Full Scouting Report
- Skyy Moore WMU – Full Scouting Report
- Jahan Dotson PSU – Full Scouting Report
- Jalen Tolbert USA – Full Scouting Report
- John Metchie III ALA – Full Scouting Report
- Christian Watson NDSU – Full Scouting Report
Regardless of the optics of getting London at 5, don’t mistake this for a knock on his skills. The High 5 are all inside the similar tier, and might simply be ordered in any order. I’ve all 5 inside 10 spots of one another on my closing Huge Board.
This High 10 will be cut up into 3 tiers – The High 5, Moore and Dotson, and the ultimate 3. An argument will be made to bump Skyy Moore into the highest tier, however his top on the Mix and poor competitors stage are maintaining him slightly below that.
- George Pickens UGA – Had an exceptional freshman season, however since then hasn’t performed significant soccer. Has excellent ball expertise and never a lot else.
- Drake London USC – I nonetheless assume he’s nice, however the perfect NFL Extensive Receivers are nice separators, London just isn’t. Additionally, these separation struggles got here within the PAC-12. Whereas he’s nonetheless Tier 1, he can’t be WR1.
- Jalen Tolbert USA – Confirmed elite WR1 functionality and nice a dominating presence. Has all of the instruments to excel.
- John Metchie III ALA – As artful a route runner as you’ll ever see. He might be a Quarterback’s safety blanket for years. If it weren’t for the damage he’d be ranked a lot greater.
- Chris Olave OSU – There are virtually no flaws in his recreation, he’s a real grasp of the place. He may be slightly mild, however not alarmingly so.
- Calvin Austin III MEM – If I needed to guess on a sub-5’9″ Extensive Receiver to reach the NFL, it could be CA3. Sadly, the percentages are stacked in opposition to him. There may be little to no observe file of success for his place at his dimension.
- Khalil Shakir BSU – Dude is a baller, plain and easy. His athleticism and bodily traits don’t bounce off the display, and he doesn’t have all of the instruments, however he’s succeeded at each stage, even dominating on the Senior Bowl.
- Isaiah Weston UNI – Unreal athlete with nice dimension. That’s a lethal combo, he has a really excessive ceiling.
- Dontario Drummond MISS – Nice tape however horrible athletic testing numbers. If he can overcome his athletic shortcomings he might be a constant producer.
- Devon Williams ORE – Tallest prospect on this WR class with a big wingspan. That’s price one thing.
- Christian Watson NDSU – He blew away the Mix, and though I’m not offered on his instruments and skills, it’s onerous to think about a participant together with his dimension and his velocity not succeeding within the NFL. That is paying homage to DK Metcalf, who didn’t possess the instruments, however the dimension and athleticism have been off the charts.
- Skyy Moore WMU – One other participant who turned some heads on the Mix. Whereas his 5’9″ top is regarding, he didn’t look 5’9″ on tape. He performs powerful, and all of his athletic testing numbers and physique measurables turned out nice on the Mix.
- Treylon Burks ARK – Many scouts beforehand had Burks as their WR1. That’s onerous to search out now after operating a 4.55 40 and an abysmal 7.28 3-Cone. He has the dimensions, but it surely doesn’t appear he has the top-end athleticism. Issues could be very totally different if he ran even 0.06 seconds faster within the 40.
- Jameson Williams & John Metchie III ALA – Each suffered end-of-season accidents. Williams was much less harm by the “injury tax” than Metchie, as he possesses uncommon traits that separate him from this class. Nonetheless, he would’ve been the consensus WR1 if he had the prospect to exercise on the Mix and present up wholesome.
- David Bell PUR – As pure and instinctive a participant as any, however his athleticism was actually questionable. He then turned in a horrible Mix efficiency, confirming suspicions. He may’ve been am early Day-2 choose, now it appears he may drop all the best way to Day 3.
Finest Relative Athlete
This rank naturally has many gamers who’re below the radar. Other than Christian Watson, none of those gamers will probably be drafted within the first 3 rounds. Having elite athleticism doesn’t at all times translate to NFL success, and of all of the traits, it’s the least indicative. Nonetheless, it is going to bump them up many spots on this draft, and groups will need to take a flyer on their elite unteachable bodily traits.
Finest Route Runner
- John Metchie III ALA
- Chris Olave OSU
- Jameson Williams ALA
- Garrett Wilson OSU
- Skyy Moore WMU
- Jalen Tolbert USA
- David Bell PUR
- Calvin Austin III MEM
- Treylon Burks ARK
- Kyle Philips UCLA
Finest Ball Abilities
Finest Soccer IQ
There are 5 1st spherical locks on this class, however we may legitimately see 8 1st spherical Extensive Receivers. That may be a staggering 25% of the first spherical, which might be actually outstanding.
Other than the plain High 5, the excitement round Watson, Moore, and Dotson is severe, and on the back-end of the first spherical, many groups are determined for receiver assist. If a run begins, this can threaten the obtainable expertise within the late 2nd, main groups to leap the gun within the 1st.
See the Extensive Receivers total rating amongst different gamers on my Huge Board.
Take a look at all my scouting experiences on my Writer Web page or observe my opinions and scorching takes on Twitter!
Ensure to take a look at many extra NFL articles at Stomach Up Sports activities – NFL!